Monday 19 February 2007

One flu over the cuckoo's nest


There is a reason for the quiteness on here for the last week - a bout of flu knocked me off-stride and out of the office for a good few days. The rest of the time was just catching up, so the blogging time window became entirely abscent. In other news, I have an alumni interview with school A tomorrow. Confirmed today - the short notice doesn't worry too much as this is a personality and goals thing, not a build me a yield curve from forwards, swaps and bonds. That sucks under pressure, whereas telling someone why I want to do something is somewhat easier. If I didn't really want to go to school A, it might be remotely tricky. Fortunately, on unfortunately, I really like A, 2, & Z for each their own reasons. It would be a pretty interesting race if all three choose to enter in future.
Z has now received all my documents, so in all other cases we just wait. But I won't be waiting listening to the new Arcade Fire album. 5 stars (OMM) my arse. Average, with a capital A.

To add some colour, here is a view I missed out on while ill. Grey, industrial cityscape. And nondescript, unlike the other views that may go up in the future.

No comments: