Tuesday 6 February 2007

May the navel-gazing begin

There is only so much time one can spend running away with one’s own thoughts. As of earlier this month, with planning tracking back a few months earlier, I am currently sat awaiting responses from three US schools regarding MBA Applications.

Let’s give them the names School A, School 2, and School Z.

Now, it is the waiting game.

I have decided to leave the names anonymous for a variety of reasons. Firstly, irrespective of what schools they are, there are dozens of us in a similar situation. As far as 2007 Business School applications, I am all in before the flop has even played. It is a big waiting game to see as the game unfolds – whether it be Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, LBS, Insead, Manchester, Notre Dame, Arizona’s agricultural MBA or whatever. Fact is, we all want to get an admit to the schools we apply to.

Second, I kind of like the idea of being a bit anonymous. It’s my football and I am taking it home with me.

Third, I have no idea who might be reading this. Maybe I will be sat next to you in class, or maybe I am a colleague who is looking to resign. You get the idea.

Over the forthcoming months of applications, maybe another year after that, the sitting of exams and the general banal happenings through gainful employment, I will meander on here and reflect on what has already been done as I type.

Maybe I will become the rare example of a blogger that actually manages to find the time to keep posting through the two years of study. The form would suggest this is unlikely, on the basis that I know myself a lot better than you, but who really knows.

If you are really seeking to read an MBA blog in its purest form, maybe have a hunt elsewhere. Because I have a propensity to offer a distribution that has a serious skew, fat tails and will fail all the tests required to fulfil the null hypothesis.

No comments: